- Healthy Dads Healthy Kids in Prisons: a feasibility study and pilot for a intervention to improve mental health and wellbeing and father-child relationships; National Institute for Health Research, £439k (2022-24).
- What works for Children's Social Care; What works for Children's Social Care, £463K (2022-23).
- Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on the BAME community; Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), £194k (2022-24).
- Welcoming Languages: Including a Refugee Language in Scottish Education; Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), £82k (2021-22).
- Healthcare matters: capturing the complexity of Primary Health Care for people with intellectual disabilities through record linkage and the Delphi method; Baily Thomas Charitable Fund, £88k (2021-23).
- GroundsWell: Community and Data Led Transformation of Urban Green and Blue Space (UGBS) for Population Health; Medical Research Council (MRC), £224k (2021-26)
- Personalised treatment packages for adults with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD) and aggressive behaviour in community settings; National Institute for Health Research, £225k (2021-26)
- How are patient and caregiver participation in health and social care shaped by experienced burden of treatment and social inequalities? A qualitative synthesis; National Institute for Health Research, £35k (2021-23
- Developing and evaluating the feasibility of a theory-based intervention to increase walking in adults with intellectual disabilities; Baily Thomas Charitable Fund, £93k (2021-24)
- Earmarked funding and the effectiveness of international development organizations (EF-IO); Medical Research Council, £1m (2021-25)
- Improving access to cancer screening among people with intellectual disabilities: development phase of a complex intervention; Cancer Research UK (CRUK), £107k (2021-22)
- Exploring the historical and cultural contexts of early childhood education for children with disabilities in Malawi; British Academy, £164k (2021-23)
- Learning disabilities - The Scottish Learning Disabilities Observatory; Scottish Government, £230k (2021-26)
- Evaluation of Scotland Child Oral Health Programme; Scottish Government, £111k (2021-22)
- Unlocking data to inform public health policy and practice; National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), £148k (2021-22)
- Using secondary data to examine whether a programme of physical and social interventions in urban forests enhances community health and wellbeing; ESRC, £13k (2021-23).
- Early Childhood Caries (ECC) and inequalities - the role of behaviours, social determinants, and the impact of the Childsmile programme: A novel data linkage cohort study; Borrow Foundation, £95k (2021-23)
- The Reach of Childsmile Interventions in Very Deprived Areas and Young People in Care, and their Oral Health and School Attendance levels; Borrow Foundation, £56k (2021-22)
- Social and environmental impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnamese provinces bordering China and Laos following border closure; EPSRC, £288k (2020-22).
- Whose crisis?: The global COVID-19 crisis from the perspective of communities in Africa; AHRC, £139k (2020-21).
- Women and Multiple Low-paid Employment: The Inter-relationships between Work, Care and Health; Nuffield Foundation, £324 (2020-23).
- Change in alcohol and tobacco availability, population health and the lived experience; ESRC, £20k (2020-23).
- MITS for lung pathology and immune response in fatal COVID-19 in Malawi; Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, £520k (2020-21).
- mHealth trial for the management of gestational diabetes & hypertensive disease in pregnancy in India; Medical Research Council, £51k (2020-23).
- Assessing policy to address the medium-run impact of COVID-19 on income and health inequality with models informed by the history of disease outbreak; UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), £242k (2020-22).
- Strengthening data linkage to reduce health inequalities in low and middle income countries: building on the Brazilian 100 million cohort; National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), £490k (2020-21).
- Clean air, good health: an arts-based, participatory approach to air pollution research in Kenya; Wellcome Trust, £97k (2019-20).
- Developing statistical downscaling to improve water quality understanding and management in the Ramganga sub-basin; EPSRC, £461k (2019-21).
- Dying at the Margins: uncovering the reasons for unequal access to home dying for the socioeconomically deprived; ESRC, £389k (2019-22)
- South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub; ESRC (GCRF), £746k (2019-24).
- Harnessing cross-country administrative data to evaluate national policy impacts on maternal, infant and child health and health inequalities-MatCHNet; Medical Research Council, £408k (2019-23).
2018 and earlier
- Quality apprenticeships for disadvantaged youth India and Mexico; Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), £721k (2018-2021)
- Estimating the prevalence, quality and life, economic and societal impact of arthritis in Tanzania; National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), £1.9M (2018 -21)
- GCRF Centre for Sustainable, Healthy, and Learning Cities and Neighbourhoods (CSHLH); ESRC, £7.1M (2018 -21)
- Disadvantage and Participation Accountability Processes: Theory and Evidence from School Development and Management Committees in Karnataka, India; ESRC, DFID, £700k (2018-21)
- UK Collaborative Centre for Housing Evidence (CaCHE); ESRC, AHRC and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, £3M (2017-22)
- GoWell: Glasgow Community Health and Wellbeing; Scottish Government, NHS Health Scotland, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde and Glasgow Housing Association (Wheatley Group), £2.1M (2005-ongoing)
- Colombia River Stories: improving socioenvironmental understandings for building sustainable peace; ESRC, £321k (2018-20)
- Mental Health Data Pathfinder; Medical research Council (MRC), £1M (2018).
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Global Health Research Group on Social Policy and Health Inequalities; NIHR Global Health Research Fund, £2M (2017)
- Global Interventions at the End of Life; Wellcome Trust, £1M (2015-19)
- EuroFIT; European Commission FP7 Programme, €6M (2013-18)