Postgraduate self-catered accommodation
The University of Glasgow has a number of postgraduate residences.
- Kelvinhaugh Street
- Lister House
- Maclay Residences
- Winton Drive
- Thurso Street (Unite)
- Tramworks (Unite)
- Kelvin Court (Unite)
For students studying at the University of Glasgow's campus in Dumfries, three self-catered residences are available:
A quick comparison of our various residences is available to assist you in making your decision.
Please remember - due to the sheer number of applicants it is not possible to guarantee your first choice.
Limited financial support packages are available for registered students who are resident in the above University Residences who may find themselves in financial hardship.
For further information and an application form please contact the Financial aid section of the Registry.
Kelvin Court (Unite)
Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Single en suite bedrooms (£160.02 per week )
- Fees include: utilities; Wi-Fi internet access; personal possessions' insurance; membership of UofGSport;
- Self-contained cluster flats for four to six persons housed within blocks leased by the University of Glasgow for University of Glasgow students;
- All rooms are furnished with: 3/4-sized bed with underbed storage (small double), desk area complete with bookshelves, chair and wardrobe;
- Bedding and bed linen included (consisting of a 10.5 tog duvet, 2 pillows, fitted bedsheet, 2 pillowcases and a duvet cover);
- Students will need to supply their own towels;
- Kitchen pack included (consisting of cereal bowl, dinner plate, side plate, mug, clear glass tumbler, knife, fork, dessert spoon and teaspoon);
- Small kitchen equipment includes tin opener, corkscrew, slotted flat turner, slotted spoon, vegetable peeler, wooden spoon, kitchen scissors, non-stick lidded saucepan set, non-stick frying pan, chopping board, kitchen knife and utility knife;
- Well equipped kitchen with cooker, hob, fridge-freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster;
- Iron, ironing board, vacuum, mop and bucket available in every flat;
- On-site laundry facilities;
- Common area with table tennis table, pool table and outdoor seating space with decking;
- Bike store;
- Study space
This residence is managed by Unite. However, all processing of applications and allocations will be handled by the University of Glasgow thereby retaining its role as landlord to student residents. The University of Glasgow continues to be responsible for student welfare and the collection of rent.
Unite,Kelvin Court, 30 Yorkhill St, Yorkhill Parade, Glasgow G3 8RY